|Title:||Basic Military Training Screener|
|Location:||San Antonio, Texas|
Title: Basic Military Training Screener
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: San Antonio, TX
The Basic Military Training Screeners will conduct basic trainee pre-screening and related administrative support for the Sensitive Skills Interview for the (SSI) Branch, 2nd AF Technical Training Operations Center at Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) Lackland, Texas. The screener will provide professional, articulate and adequate interviewing services to determine a trainee's ability to meet requirements for obtaining Top Secret security clearance eligibility, and then document results in several web-based tracking systems. The screener conducts personal, in-depth trainee interviews to identify and clarify indicators of the individual's suitability or reliability for critical careers and ability to obtain a Top Secret or special access security clearance. The screener identifies information disclosed during the interview that was not previously recorded; identifies subtle deception indicators during the interview, defines or resolves derogatory information; assesses and records trainee's responses on interview screening worksheets.
* Three (3) to five (5) years of current relevant Security Specialist experience.
* Three (3) to five (5) years of experience conducting face to face interviews.
* Completed training courses specializing in personnel security (i.e. Introduction to Personnel Security, and Introduction to DoD Personnel Security Adjudication provided by the Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE).
* A final U.S. Government issued TOP SECRET security clearance and be ICD 704 eligible or Special Access Program (SAP) eligible with a current SSBI.
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Associates Degree desired