|Title:||Architecture Operations Manager|
Job Title: Architecture Operations Manager
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
The Architecture Operations Manager provides direct support and leadership to the Western Hemisphere Information Sharing Initiative (WHISI) mission set. Uses technical expertise and management experience to collaborate with multiple agencies, organizations, units, and divisions. Effective leadership skills, time management, resource management, project documentation along with ISR architecture expertise is required to function on a daily basis. This position requires acute decision making skills in a government environment and the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works directly with the AOC Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) to ensure WHISI systems are setup, configured, and operating in a manner that meets operational requirements.
- Collaborates with the Joint Interface Control Cell (JICC) and the Common Tactical Picture/Common Operational Picture (CTP/COP) teams to design, execute, and manage data integration into the AOC CTP/COP architecture.
- Coordinates system requirements (e.g., systems, software, data, etc.) with the JICC.
- Assists the JICC in researching and preparing all materials/documentation in support of new system requirements submittal to the site Change Review Board (CRB) IAW the site Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Coordinates sourcing of operational system data (e.g. mapping, imagery data, Air Tasking Order (ATO)/Airspace Control Order (ACO) databases, OPTASKLINK inputs etc.) on a daily basis.
- Assists the JICO in validating and prioritizing system trouble tickets, software problem reports (SPR), baseline change requests (BCR), and documentation change requests (DCR) as needed.
- Performs system end-to-end validation tests prior to and during exercises and operations.
- Ensures receipt of information and proper data exchange from participating/other C4I system equipment into/with the AOC weapon system on a daily basis.
- Ensures compatibility of systems/versions with sister service and coalition/partner nation forces on a daily basis.
- Assists the JICC in development, management, maintenance, and coordination of system downtimes, and upgrades-establish and coordinate priorities and timelines as appropriate.
- Assists JICC system C4I architecture development at the AOC.
- Provides system expertise and technical advice to the AOC Weapon System (WS) Configuration Management (CM) process at the AOC level
- Assists in management of the AOC JICC organization and equipment placement
- Coordinates with the AOC JICO to determine both on/off site database backup processes and timelines.
- Coordinates with the AOC Knowledge Management (KM) office to develop web server, shared file server, and data archiving requirements.
- Supports the JICC in resolving any datalink standard message issues.
- Coordinates with higher headquarters (HHQ) regarding theater-wide Interface Control Center (ICC) system issues at the operational level to include coordinating theater-wide operational cutover to new systems/software versions as needed.
- Travels in support of contingency/humanitarian operations as required.
- Other related technical tasks and duties within the scope, as required.
- 7+ years overall experience with 2+ years directly related to position requirements
- 5+ years’ successful experience managing and supervising other professionals
- 7+ years’ experience working with datalink systems and software
- Experience working in AF AOC environment and participating in exercises as member of an AOC Interface Control Cell.
- Knowledge in datalink standard message type formats
- Understanding of AF systems and C4I architecture
- Ability to multi-task, work with a team and follow procedures
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required
- Compliance with DoDI 8570 certification requirements
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required
- Active Secret US Government Security Clearance with ability to upgrade to Top Secret Clearance.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Completion of formal AOC Field Training Unit (FTU) Course / JT-301/310 Joint Interface Control Officer Course
- Theatre contingency experience
- Air staff, MAJCOM, NAF staff, or Joint experience
- Bachelor’s Degree