|Title:||Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Support Technician|
Job Title: Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Support Technician
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: Dugway Proving Grounds, Dugway, Utah 84022
Job Summary: The Intellekt Group is seeking a qualified candidate to work as a Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Support Technician to provide support services to include electronic maintenance for non-tactical vehicles, special purpose vehicles, communications including LMR and other electronics, and provide sustainment maintenance on non-tactical end items, non-tactical communications, repeaters, and repeater relay stations. They will use equipment such as frequency meters, standing wave indicators, ohmmeters, voltmeters, and signal generators.
* Provide electronic support services to include electronics maintenance for non-tactical vehicles, special purpose vehicles, communications including Land Mobile Radios (LMR) and other electronics, and provides sustainment maintenance on non-tactical end items, non-tactical communications, repeaters, repeater relay stations.
* Use all types of test equipment, such as frequency meters, standing wave indicators, ohmmeters, Voltmeters, and signal generators to localize trouble.
* Adjust and calibrate testing instruments. Use hand and power tools, and shop test equipment common to the trades.
* Assist in the management of the frequency spectrum within the area of responsibility
* Responsible for activities concerning scheduling, de-confliction, and the resolution of possible frequency conflicts
* Immediately responds to emergency calls to return off-line LMR systems to an on-line status during regular duty hours.
* Maintain calibration on specialized tool programs. Monitor and maintain the narrow band radio system base stations and monitor radio frequencies daily to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Keep the Radio bay and office areas clean and orderly at all times to maintain efficiency and appearance.
* Work with the NEC Radio Spectrum Manager to collect information about radio spectrum usages for filing with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and/or Department of the Army.
* Install/De-install, and configure mobile, base station/consoles, repeater, and air-to-ground radios in vehicles and various facilities throughout the installation as requested
* Maintain reports and records of radio systems equipment, locations, maintenance, and inspections weekly. Make material requisitions for shop stock and materials for upkeep of radio components. Maintain inventory of repair parts and usage for accountability purposes.
* Work with Test Officers to collect operation spectrum requirements, assign local spectrum assignments, and generate and submit forms to request spectrums not already approved for use
* Perform installation, maintenance, repairs, tune-ups, programming, troubleshooting and diagnostics on vehicle radios, Repeaters/duplexers/antennas, portable/handheld, mobile, repeaters, base stations, cell boosters and air-to ground radios, switches, servers and all other associated Motorola 7.11 Trunked LMR systems as requested.
* Maintain equipment accountability throughout replacement/re-issue process by ensuring that the equipment logs are properly filled out and submitted.
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* Must possess at least one of the following IAT-II certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GIC SP, G SEC, Security + CE, SSCP
* Tower Climbing Certification.
* Motorola 7.11 or newer certification which includes:
o IV&D Secure KMF training
o APX Subscriber Academy
o GTR 8000 Site Sub System
o Network Resources (Routers)
o Network Switches
* CompTIA Security + certification.
* One-year experience in vehicle communication