|Title:||Senior Software Developer|
|Location:||San Antonio, Texas|
Title: Senior Software Developer
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: Lackland AFB, TX
The Senior Software Developer works on client site to support assigned project requirements. Responsibilities include leading, managing, and supporting the list of development initiatives IAW PM guidance and customer intent. Major responsibilities include system design, software development, system security compliance, bug fixes, documentation, and status reporting. Able to code in Java, jQuery, JScript, and SharePoint, with strong capabilities in SharePoint.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creates complex workflows and implements technical solutions using SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Works with SharePoint Branding, Master Page customization, and SharePoint Templates
- Uses standard scripting languages; must be able to code in Java, jQuery or Jscript, as required, to fully integrate the end product.
- Interacts with customers and colleagues on a daily basis to discuss project and task development details
- Focuses on security, integration of disparate data, coordination by geographically separated organizations and sustainability (standardization/documentation).
- Interfaces directly with the primary customers
- Interprets desired intent into site requirements
- Documents requirements and development activities IAW best practice
- Helps implement the Air Force's rules and limitations on approved internet use and software.
- Travels as required to meetings, conferences, seminars, symposiums, etc.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Experienced Site Collection Administrator and knowledge of DoD environments
- Experience with creating complex workflows using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Experience with implementing technical solutions using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Experience with SharePoint Branding, Master Page customization, and SharePoint Templates
- Proven ability in the utility of pertinent software applications, and the ability to communicate moderately complex technical information effectively in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, make timely assessments and implement corrective security measures on both unclassified and classified government systems.
- Must be able to think logically and act decisively in critical situations leveraging an ability to distinguish between different types of issues while selecting the appropriate solution.
- Experience with developing and reviewing functional or technical design documents and business process maps
- Ability to translate, develop, and integrate complex business requirements into SharePoint solutions using Agile development
- Experience with SharePoint architecture taxonomy
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required
- Active TS/SCI U.S. government security clearance
- Maintains currency of required trainings and certs
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Experience with Knowledge Management a strong plus
- MS certification in Web Development or SharePoint Applications a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably Computer Systems Management (additional work experiences can be substituted for a degree)