|Title:||IMI Software Developer|
|Location:||San Angelo, TX|
Title: IMI Software Developer
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: San Angelo, TX
The IMI Developer / Video Game Artist will provide technical training product design, development, integration, and delivery support, and will develop, maintain, and revise 17 Training Group IMI at Goodfellow AFB in accordance with applicable AFIs, AETCIs, and local supplements. The IMI Video Game Artists will produce IMI that effectively delivers instruction at the level commensurate with established Course Training Standard (CTS) and/or Specialty Training Standard (STS) task performance, task knowledge, and subject knowledge levels. The IMI Video Game Artists will provide 1) new course development, 2) update support, and 3) course maintenance support to 17 Training Wing, and will develop and deliver levels 2, 3, and 4 IMI.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Creates original artwork utilizing computer graphics software
* Develops visual graphics and models using state-of-the-art software programs, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Unity, Maya, 3D Max, and Visual Studio
* Creates, analyzes, interprets, coordinates, accomplishes, and produces computer-generated and/or conventional graphics and multimedia products utilizing computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
* Compiles and depicts data using various media, drawing instruments, and electronic equipment.
* Operates electronic, interactive, graphic design equipment, and desktop publishers in performance of illustrating duties.
* Uses server-side scripting languages (currently PHP) to manipulate and display IMI. Constructs database queries, forms and reports using many types of databases which may include some of the following: MySQL, SQL, MongoDB, and Access
* Collaborates with video game artists, and understands their contributing assets, to integrate 3D models into instructional games and web inserts
* Follows project managers design documents to create, test, and document code while maintaining code integrity.
* Works with integration team to inject curriculum into various LMSs using the SCORM 1.2 (xAPI in the future)
* Provides software application and approved template training to contracted developers, as required.
* Performs other related duties, as required
* Experience using Wacom
* Experience with game development IDEs, such as Unity 3D, to create technical inserts, instruction, and instructional games
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Strong written and oral communications skills are required
* Active TS/SCI government security clearance
* Maintains currency of required trainings and certs
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts (video game emphasis) or relevant software development certifications