|Title:||Squadron Security Representitive (SSR)|
|Location:||Fort Walton Beach, FL|
Job Title: Squadron Security Representative (SSR)
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Job Summary: The Squadron Security Representative (SSR) will implement and administer the Information Security Program (ISP) for the Command and provide direction and guidance for the personnel administering the ISP. Effective communication skills, time management, and organizational skills required.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Ensures all SAP and SCI standards are implemented and adhered to
* Directs policy and procedures for investigating security incidents
* Prepares reports of such and provides management oversight during technical reviews and damage assessments
* Provides final decisions on classification and declassification problem areas and guides personnel on classification requirements for programs and projects
* Serves as reviewing authority for Program Security Directives (PSDs) and Program Security Classification Guides (PSCGs)
* Oversees security specialists on local procedures for delegation and exercise of classification and declassification authority; development of classification guidance, document marking, safeguarding, and use; personnel access controls; need to know criteria; physical storage and control and transmitting, transferring, reproducing, downgrading and destroying information
* Develops security policies, practices, procedures, and techniques for a variety of organizations and/or situations or circumstances requiring adjustment or modification of established approaches
* Analyzes difficult and complex situations or problems to determine the applicability of established methods
* Reviews material at all levels of classification generated at subordinate organizations when classifications are challenged and provides a determination
* Performs full range of personnel management responsibilities to include technical oversight and coordination of all security training
* Directs personnel who conduct periodic security inspections of cleared facilities
* Assists program managers in developing security agreements in support of contractor operations
* Reviews internal security procedures and security training of contractors to determine their compliance with the requirements
* Ensures adequate research and technology principles, edicts and programs are employed to counter the threat of security compromise
* Personnel Security Program
o Provides policy interpretation and guidance for the Personnel Security Program for all entities involved in the SAP
o Establishes policy for processing program access requests (PAR) for military, civilian and contractor personnel
o Trains employees so they can clearly evaluate the sensitivity of positions, degree of clearance, and special access requirements to determine the type of access required
* Physical Security Program
o Ensures appropriate documentation and accreditation of SAP facilities
o Initiates and reviews facility co-utilizations agreements and memorandums of understanding
o Provides oversight and security inputs for new and proposed secure facility construction projects
* Security Education Program
o Responsible for planning, establishing, organizing, and conducting a security education program for assigned personnel
o Directs personnel in the development of instructional and training information, teaches classes, or conducts briefings concerning security awareness and education IAW DoD and AF guidelines
o Oversees preparation of periodic security bulletins informing personnel of policies and policy changes
* Provides consultation, subject matter expertise, and advice to customer and/or company
* Supports the client with other Security-related needs as requested
* 10+ years’ related experience with no degree or 5+ years’ related experience with Bachelors’ Degree.
* Expert knowledge of various security classification standards and policies to include SAP, SCI, Focal Point Program and collateral
* Advanced knowledge of the information, industrial, personnel and operational security disciplines to plan and implement security programs in these areas
* Advanced knowledge of required security training concepts, programs, procedures, and practices to assist managers in establishing and operating internal security programs
* Demonstrated expertise in developing, analyzing, and evaluating security programs to meet classified mission requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate to high ranking officials orally, and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately.
* Proven ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers, subordinates, high-ranking officials and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
* Proficiency with MS Office products
* Active TS/SCI government security clearance
* No degree required. Associates Degree desired. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.