|Title:||Architecture Maintenance Technician|
Job Title: Architecture Maintenance Technician
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
Job Summary: The Architecture Maintenance Technician provides maintenance services in support of the Western Hemisphere Information Sharing Initiative (WHISI) mission set. Uses technical expertise, system knowledge, hardware experience, and software experience to maintain the system components. Works closely with the Operations Manager to prioritize activities for maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and procurement.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Performs preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs) IAW original equipment manufacturer (OEM) recommendations or as defined by the SPO, AOC WS, or site lead.
· Performs remedial maintenance, as required.
· Tracks and executes warranties in support of asset maintenance.
· Assists in conducting government accountability inventories.
· Assists in maintaining IT maintenance spares inventory as provided by government.
· Assists in familiarization training in support of system hardware maintenance and interconnectivity tasks.
· Coordinates with site stakeholders for any resource/funding requirements.
· Coordinates procurement of parts, spares, and materials necessary to support contract functions.
· Inspects work areas and assists in preparing new AOC system installations and/or reconfigurations.
· Attends unit required training and meetings as directed.
· Works with site CM to perform/maintain change control and associated documentation for hardware and software.
· Conducts and records results of periodic operational systems checks (ie, daily, weekly) and other system checks, as required.
· Other related tasks as assigned.
· 2+ years’ overall experience with 2+ years’ technical training or 4+ years’ experience with no training providing maintenance, technical, logistical, and life cycle support for AOC related systems.
· 2+ years’ datalink operations and maintenance in theater air control system node, e.g. AOC, AWACS, CRC, etc.
· Understanding of how to implement cross domain solutions by connecting multiple devices
· Strong background in configuration, software installation, and hardware safeguards designed to filter data and model bi-directionally as data is moved between networks.
· Experience in IA security capabilities of the cross-domain solution set
· Experience responding to trouble calls and outages
· Experience with Windows, UNIX, LINUX server operating systems
· Strong written and oral communications skills are required
· Compliance with DoDI 8570 IAT II certification requirements
· Ability and willingness to travel, as required
· Active Secret Government Security Clearance with ability to upgrade to Top Secret
· Ability to read, write and speak English
· Associate’s Degree