|Title:||Information Technology Analyst|
|Location:||Oklahoma City, OK|
Title: IT Analyst
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Location: Will Rogers ANG Base, Oklahoma City, OK
The IT Analyst administers and maintains the squadron local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN). Monitors, tests, analyzes, maintains, and operates multiple operating systems based network platforms. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment required.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provides consultation, subject matter expertise, and advice to customer and/or company.
· Investigates and resolves significant issues related to network, IT infrastructure, security, and/or software/hardware performance.
· Plans, develops, configures, installs, and maintains network systems to include the LAN/WAN
· Analyzes LAN/WAN utilization statistics through data collection and performance measures to ensure smooth, reliable, and robust operation to include classified and unclassified networks (NIPR/SIPR/JWICS/NSA-Net)
· Maintains, troubleshoots, and services mobile communication devices, e.g. phones, tablets, SDNs.
· Determines if the facility environment can provide for network system requirements, and that infrastructure is in place to support the system
· Coordinates LAN installation, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting; and reviews, evaluates, and fine-tunes components to achieve peak efficiency within the overall network connectivity
· Installs, configures, and troubleshoots network and application server hardware, network operating system software, and peripheral network equipment, cabling system, network interface cards, modems, multiplexers, and concentrators
· Changes the components of existing equipment for efficient operation or recommends major modifications to existing systems
· Implements network operating system and/or network application software and maintains contact with software suppliers to ensure that current releases of software products are in use
· Ensures current network software products are compatible with system configurations and ensures operability, efficiency, and compliance with existing standards
· Oversees and troubleshoots operation of the LAN/WAN and ensures hardware and network operating software are functioning properly and that operation standards are met
· Performs system backups to ensure expedient restoration of the database for the respective network equipment
· Manages user network accounts, resets network system passwords, and resolves firewall issues
· Provides solutions and recommended courses of action necessary to avoid difficulties such as enhancing, replacing, or modifying existing programs or applications
· Coordinates efforts between network customers, system support personnel, and commercial vendors to identify and resolve network, software, and other system anomalies
· Tracks life of system equipment, prepares and provides analyses to determine future maintenance and replacement costs to help justify budget submissions
· Supports the squadron with other IT needs as requested
· 16 years overall experience with 10+ years directly related to position requirements. May accept less experience on case-by-case basis.
· Ability to gain Cyber Security Liaison (CSL) status with the host communications organization.
· Ability to multi-task, work with a team and follow procedures
· Strong written and oral communications skills are required
· Possesses a TS/SCI government security clearance
· Maintains currency of required ADLS and/or INSCOM trainings
· Active CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
· Ability to read, write and speak English
· Associate’s Degree in Applied Computer / Computer Science or related field